Green Home Ideas for St. Patty’s DayMarch 17th, 2013
Traditionally, green is associated with St. Patrick’s Day. As much as we love the color green, what are some things that you could do to make your home a little more “green” economically?
Looks like you’re in for some of that good ol’ luck of the Irish! Here are some ideas to save energy and reduce your carbon footprint in your homes.
1. Turn off the lights and use natural lighting in your home during the day. In the evening, turn off the lights when you leave the room.
2. Instead of buying plastic, disposable water bottles, buy a reusable water bottle and refill it throughout the day.
3. Wash your laundry in cold water instead of hot. In the summertime, line dry your clothes instead of using the dryer.
4. Shut down your computer at night.
5. Have an energy audit conducted on your home.
6. Pay your bills online to save paper. It’s also more convenient!
7. Support your local economy by shopping at a farmers’ market.
8. Create a home compost bin.
9. Switch your lightbulbs to CFLs.
10. Buy reusable grocery bags at the grocery store for your shopping trips.
Decorating your home for St. Patrick’s Day is great, but making your home truly green is even better!