Buying a Business
TOP 10 THINGS FOR BUYING COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE:
- Get organized – most competent lenders can give you a checklist of their needed documents immediately.
- Get pre-approved
- Know the market — use a knowledgeable Jaret & Cohn commercial realtor to find your new property.
- Consider low down payment and longer-term loans.
- Buy commercial real estate for the “right” reasons.
- Consider adding other furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) into your 504 loan.
- Consider buying/building more square footage than you need right now.
- Establish a real estate holding company (Eligible Passive Concern (EPC)) to own your new property.
- Consider partnering with another business owner in your EPC.
- Only work with a commercial specialist, like Jaret and Cohn.
Mid-coast Maine is a true reflection of a small business community. Owning your own business offers several great opportunities for personal and financial growth. As a team, Jaret & Cohn Commercial Brokerage strives to get to know its clients and will recommend options based upon the collective local knowledge, experience and professionalism of a team of veteran brokers and successful business owners. Mid-coast Maine’s villages, towns and small cities reflect the entrepreneurial spirit and strong sense of community that sustains us. Small business relies on local support and this is almost always enhanced through community involvement. Mid-coast Maine business owners work hard to build reliability, brand and goodwill. Jaret & Cohn Commercial Brokers are involved members of our communities and will help you discover your resources within our community.
The process of buying a business requires time and planning. Our team of professionals will listen to your needs and dreams and will work to guide you through the complicated process of assessing all current options and purchasing the right business.
Commercial brokerage entails more than a simple sales transaction. The Jaret & Cohn team collectively offers decades of experience in fields such as business ownership and management, appraising, manufacturing and administration. Our direct knowledge across several industries allows us to offer buyers far more than the conventional advice of a typical broker.
Contact us for a confidential consultation. We look forward to discussing your needs and questions.